Saturday, October 30, 2010

Book Review: THE SCORCH TRIALS

I just finished reading The Scorch Trials by James Dashner this morning, about one hour ago. This was an awesome book, and it really impressed me.

Thomas and the Gladers wake up in their new dormitory thinking that they are now safe and all will be well. But they soon find out that nothing is ever as it seems. Cranks start appearing at their barred windows, the 'lobby' (for loss of a better word) is rearranged in a horrid way, Teresa is nowhere to be found...well, that's just the start of all of their problems! This book was extremely suspenseful and intense. Tom's mixed emotions kept me on my toes as I flipped through the pages of this book, not wanting to waste one moment wondering what would happen next.

My only complaint is that it was a bit more gory and gruesome than I might have liked, but I have to admit that it made the book a lot more interesting. And when the characters were sick or starving or on the edge of death, it made me feel sympathetic, which in turn made me want to keep reading to see if their conditions would improve.

This was a great book- totally worth waiting for! Now, when will the next one be published? Hopefully soon!!!!!

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely! But I would tell them to read the first book in the series first. It's called: The Maze Runner, also by James Dashner.

Hmm....what book should I read next?

Yours,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)