Saturday, October 16, 2010

Book Review: LOCK AND KEY


A few days ago I finished reading Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. My friend recommended this book to me. She is obsessed with Sarah Dessen and said that she was an amazing author. I had never read any of her books before, so I decided to give it a try.

This book is about a seventeen year old girl named Ruby. Ruby and her mother have been living in a yellow house for quite some time. They are unresponsible when it comes to paying bills, due to the fact the Ruby's mother does drugs. One day Ruby wakes up and her mother is gone, without a note saying where she was going or anything. After a few months of living on her own someone finally finds out that Ruby's mother is gone and sends her off to live with her older sister and her husband. Her sister's name is Cora and she hasn't seen her in ten years. Ruby has a tough time adjusting to her knew life, home and school at first, but with the help of the boy next door, Nate, she somehow seems to be alright. Nate seems perfect on the outside, but Ruby soon realizes that nothing is ever what it seems.
This book is very touching and the ending is really unexpected, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My friend was so right- Sarah Dessen is a great author that pulls you into the story. I really felt like I could relate to Ruby, and after a while of reading it's hard to believe that Ruby is just a character in a fiction novel. I loved this book and will be reading another one of Sarah Dessen's books soon!

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely!!!


~Aceba



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)