Sunday, April 24, 2011

Book Review: THE RUNNING DREAM

Today I finished reading The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. I got this book from my school library, which was a surprise for me because usually they don't have anything good. But they got a new shipment of books in, and I was attracted to this one because I enjoy running myself.

This book is about Jessica, who is a Junior in high school. She loves to run- and when I say 'loves to run', I mean she LOVES to run. But one day while riding a bus home from a school track meet, they get in a car accident. One girl, Lucy, is killed. Jessica, however, loses one of her legs. Throughout the story she has to struggle to live on, while desperately dreaming that one day she might be able to run again.

This was an amazing book. It was sad, but there is a happy ending and it really opened my eyes. It's such a beautifully, well-written story- it's almost as if the author herself went through the same situation. Anyways, I loved it!

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. Excellent!!!!

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone.

Lots of Love,
Aceba

P.S. Happy Easter!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)