Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Book Review: THE LIGHTNING THIEF

A few days ago I finished reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. It seems as though everyone else has read this series and enjoyed it, so I thought I may as well read it.

Percy Jackson is a 6th grader with ADHD and dyslexlia. He's been kick out of more private schools than he can count, and his family life isn't exactly the best. His stepfather, who he calls Smelly Gabe, is horrible (not to mention smelly) but his mom is sweet and works very hard. Strange things keep happening to Percy, and when one of his teachers attacks him, he begins to be suspicious. Percy is soon forced to realize that he isn't normal, nor will he ever be.

This book was really good!!! I loved how the author incorporated the whole Greek mythology bit, because he really made you look at the world around you in a different way. It was also very funny. My favorite character was Grover- he's so awesome!!! I am on the second book in the series right now and will be posting a review when I finish it.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely.

Hugs,
Aceba

2 comments:

  1. Grover is really awesome. Also, didn't you think the chapter titles were so funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I loved the author's sense of humor!!! I also loved how Annabeth was really sarcastic and always called Percy 'Seaweed Brain.'

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)