Saturday, April 23, 2011

Book Review: PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS

I finished reading the series late last night, so now I will review each book as well as the series as a whole.
Book #1: The Lightning Thief - I already wrote a review on this one. Click here to see it.

Book #2: The Sea of Monsters - :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. I really liked this book because it was very funny and enjoyable to read. You find out a bit more about Percy's family and there is a very big cliffhanger at the end.
Book #3: The Titan's Curse - :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys. So, I can't really tell you specifically why I didn't like this book as much as the other one, because that would be giving away an important character in the series. It was still very good, but I felt like it was kind of repeating itself over and over. There are a lot of new characters in this book.
Book #4: The Battle of the Labyrinth - :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. I really liked this book because there is a really cool twist at the end. I also found the whole concept of the labyrinth to be really interesting and creative. It was suspenseful to read because I never knew what was going to be in the next room in the labyrinth.

Book #5: The Last Olympian - :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys. The last book in this series was okay. My favorite part was the ending, which had a huge twist. But the whole book was mainly about this huge battle, and it was just describing fighting scenes and repeating over and over again what Percy was thinking. Everything happened so quickly, and I would be reading and I would get really confused, so I had to go back and reread some parts.

The whole series: :0) :0) :0) :0) I give the whole series a 4 out of 5 smileys. It was a great series, but I felt like the battles and stuff were repeating themselves. After a while I caught on and realized that Percy was always going to win, because what's a series if the main character dies??? I did love how it was so creative and funny and the author made it seem like Greek mythology plays a big part in the modern world.
Would I recommend the series to a friend?: Of course, but most of my friends have already read it, which is why I'm recommending it to YOU!!!

TTYL,
Aceba

2 comments:

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)