Sunday, October 21, 2012

Quote: John Green

Since John Green is one of my most favorite authors ever, I've decided it's about time that I featured one of his quotes on this blog. So without further ado, this week's quote is:

"What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person."
- John Green
 
This quote is from John Green's amazing novel Paper Towns. I love this quote because it really is true. How many times do people look at another person with such awe and respect that the person they admire becomes more of a character to them than an actual human being? I myself am guilty of doing this a lot. I convince myself that this certain person is perfect, only to be proven wrong time and time again that they are indeed a human with as many flaws as the person standing next to them. The "relate-ability"of this quote really stood out to me when I first read Papers Towns a while back, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. This is one of the many, many reasons why I adore John Green.
 
Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)