Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Book Review: CITY OF GLASS

Author: Cassandra Clare
Number of Pages: 541
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Release Date: March 24, 2009

"To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments."

                                                                                                      - Goodreads.com

Whenever I finish one of these books I feel so satisfied, like I just ate a huge plate of pasta and now my stomach is completely full. Seriously, that's what it's like. Cassandra Clare really is a fantastic story teller, and the way she creates her plots and develops her characters is truly amazing. This is the third book in The Mortal Instruments series, and I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed. I honestly have nothing bad at all to say about this book, so I'm just going to ramble on about how purely awesome it was.

One thing I really liked about this book was the fact that it is very action-packed and the plot is always moving forward towards that big moment at the end. However, even though it has a lot of action it never seems choppy or like it's moving too quickly. Everything flows nicely and I never have to do a double-take and reread parts that are too confusing or that just don't make sense, because there are not parts like that. Cassandra Clare really is an excellent writer.

Another thing I adore about this book- well, the whole series, really- is the huge abundance of plot twists. I'll be happily reading along when all of a sudden: OH MY GOSH THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. And then I spend several minutes reassuring myself that yes, it did  just happen. These books keep you on your toes like a ballet dancer, and that's saying something.

I loved this book. Really, that's all I can say. I have no complaints about it whatsoever.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. Obviously.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: ABSOLUTELY. But read the beginning of the series first. Even if you think you don't like fantasy/paranormal/vampires/werewolves, this isn't your typical series of that genre. Seriously, you won't be disappointed!

Always,
NutFreeNerd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)