Saturday, February 4, 2012

Book Review: THE VIEW FROM SATURDAY

Author: E.L. Konigsburg
Number of Pages: 176
Publisher: Aladdin
Release Date: September 1, 1996

Four sixth graders are chosen to compete in a sort of battle-of-the-brains by their teacher, Mrs. Olinski, or so she thinks. Did she choose them, or did they choose her? These four kids (Noah, Nadia, Ethan, and Julian) all have different stories that are interconnected in unusual ways. What is the story behind this foursome winning the Academic Bowl championship? You'll have to read to find out.
Before I start talking about this book specifically, I'm going to talk a little about my obsession with E.L. Konigsburg. Ever since I first read one of her books in third grade I have loved her writing style and her unique ideas. So when I found this at the used bookstore I was REALLY HAPPY. Notice the extreme capitalization there. Anyways, I love all things E.L. Konigsburg, and this book was no exception. It was a great quick, easy read, one of those books that doesn't take you too long to breeze through but it was well worth it nonetheless. It was a little slow in some parts, but I think this is mainly because this is below my normal reading level. But all in all, this was a really good read.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes.

Yours,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)