Saturday, February 18, 2012

Book Review: PREP

Author: Curtis Sittenfeld
Number of Pages: 420
Publisher: Random House Trade Paperbacks
Release Date: November 22, 2005

Prep is the story of Lee Fiora, a girl from Indiana who decides to go to a prestigious private school in Massachusetts for her high school years. This book describes all four years of her life at Ault School, the prep school she chooses to attend.

Okay, so let me start out by saying that I had really high hopes for this novel. The cover was simple and cool and the summary on the back sounded very promising. And normally, I really enjoy books about people at boarding/private schools. I liked everything about this book- until I started reading it.

This book started out okay, but as I progressed further it started to get worse and worse. Lee, the main character, reminds me of Holden in Catcher in the Rye. All she does is complain and whine and OH MY GOSH IT JUST GOT SO ANNOYING! Every time something good was on the brink of happening to her she would have to go and mess everything up and then she would wallow in self pity for another fifty pages. And then at the end. With Cross. I kept wanting to scream at her for being so idiotic. Seriously! How stupid can you be?

Overall, this book was not enjoyable to read at all.

My Rating: :0) :0) 2 out of 5 smileys. It was that bad.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: No. Absolutely not.

Yours,
Aceba

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I had seen that at the library and considered getting it but now....

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)