Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Review: ENTWINED

Author: Heather Dixon
Number of Pages: 480
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date: March 29, 2011

Azalea is the eldest daughter of a queen, whose life revolves around dancing, and a king, whose life revolves around rules and structure. So when Azalea's mother dies after giving birth to her twelfth daughter, Lily, their lives change drastically. They are forced to spend a year in mourning, which means no colorful clothing, no open windows, and worst of all- no dancing. So when the sisters find a secret realm beyond the castle walls where they can dance without being seen, who can blame them for going back, and back, and back? But the keeper of the realm has some surprises up his sleeves- some that could prove to be dangerous, even fatal. Will the sisters make it out alive, or will they be trapped in the realm- forever?

I have to say, when I first started this book I wasn't very thrilled. It got off to a slow start, and I was sort of disappointed. But as I read more and more of it, I became more and more interested in it. It came to a point where I just couldn't put it down. This was a really unique novel, as I have never really read a book about ballroom dancing. The ending was my absolute favorite part- it was so suspenseful! And it wasn't written in a confusing way, which is a big plus. And just look at the cover! I love how is shows the back of her dress and the hedges and the castle in the distance.... it's just so dramatic! :) All in all, this book was a great read.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes.

Hugs,
Aceba
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)