Sunday, February 19, 2012

Book Review: FAHRENHEIT 451

Author: Ray Bradbury
Number of Pages: 176
Release Date: January 1, 1950

"Guy Montag was a fireman whose job it was to start fires. And he enjoyed his job. He had been a fireman for ten years, and he had never questioned the pleasure of the midnight runs or the joy of watching pages consumed by flames, never questioned anything until he met a seventeen-year-old girl who told him of a past when people were not afraid. Then Guy met a professor who told him of a future in which people could think. And Guy Montag suddenly realized what he had to do..."
                                                           - Goodreads.com
I read this book with my English class at school and at first I wasn't so sure about it. It got off to sort of a slow start, but once I started reading it it just got better and better. I loved how there were so many similarities between Ray Bradbury's futuristic society and our present day way of life. I especially like this book because it shows people how important it is to not only read books, but to also voice your own opinion. If everyone conformed to each other we would all end up like Mildred, Montag's wife, staring at TV screens all day wanting very little interaction with actual human beings. Overall, this was a great read.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes.

Yours,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)