Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book Review: FEAR: 13 STORIES OF SUSPENSE AND HORROR

Recently I finished reading Fear: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror. It is a collection of 13 short scary stories written by various authors. They are Jennifer Allison, Heather Brewer (author of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod), Ryan Brown, Meg Cabot (author of The Princess Diaries), Alane Ferguson, Heather Graham, Peg Kehret, Tim Maleeny, James Rollins, Walter Sorrells, R.L. Stine, Suzanne Weyn, and F. Paul Wilson. It was edited in its entirety by R.L. Stine.

Overall, this book did not impress me. I checked it out from my town library thinking, This will be great! I can't wait to read some really terrifying stories!!!


Yeah, right.

Not one of these stories even came close to making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, or to making my heart start beating rapidly, or to making me uncomfortable in the darkness. They just weren't scary. I don't know if it was just me, like if I'm just not afraid of this type of 'scary', or what. They were suspenseful, just not frightening. But, who knows? Maybe if you guys read it you'll get scared. If you do end up reading it, could you leave a comment saying if it scared you or not???


Rating: :0) :0) 2 out of 5 smileys. I know, this isn't a good rating. It's not that it was a bad book, because it wasn't- the stories were excellent. It's just that it promised to be a terrifying read, and it TOTALLY wasn't for me. I was really disappointed by it, hence the two smileys.


Would I recommend it to a friend?: This may sound strange considering I gave it such a low rating, but yeah, I would recommend it to a friend. But before they read it I would give them a heads-up that it isn't as scary as they might like it to be.


Always,

Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)