Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book Review: 48 SHADES OF BROWN

A few minutes ago I finished reading 48 Shades of Brown by Nick Earls. This book was about Dan, a senior in high school. His parents go to Geneva for a year, and Dan stays with his aunt, Jacq and her friend Naomi. All is well until Dan starts to fall for Naomi. He struggles with focusing on schoolwork and life in general with Naomi around. The story is written from Dan's point of view, and it is incredibly funny.

I liked this book a lot, although the ending did keep me hanging a little bit. But, I guess if the author didn't choose to end it there, the book would've ended up being boring and long. There is a twist towards the end that totally caught me off-guard- I never saw it coming AT ALL. The way the author incorporates the title of the book into the story is very unique and very funny. Overall, 48 Shades of Brown was a great read.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes.

Luego,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)