Saturday, March 5, 2011

A red-haired guy, PLAGUE, and my trip to the library

As you can tell from the name of this post, I have quite a few things to say.

First, my family went to Sam's Club together today- don't ask why, we're a weird family- and while we were standing in the checkout line I saw a guy in the next line that grabbed my attention. He had red hair- and no, this wasn't the Ron Weasley type of red hair. This was RED!!! He was wearing black shorts to the knee and white tube socks rolled all the way up. In his carriage he only had two 30 packs of Diet Coke. This struck me as a little peculiar, but hey- I don't want anyone telling me how to live my life, so I won't tell anyone how to live theirs.

Next, today is March 5, which means that in exactly one month (on April 5) Plague by Michael Grant is going on sale in stores! I think I've mentioned the GONE series by Michael Grant before (actually, I know I have-http://megustaleerbyaceba.blogspot.com/2010/12/december.html) I'm super excited for this book because it is the fourth one in the series and a lot of stuff is supposed to happen in the story. I'm telling you this because if you haven't read the series, you still have time to read the first three books and then get Plague and read it.

Lastly, this morning I went to my small town library. It only has about 1 and 1/2 shelves of YA books, but there are some good ones. I checked out Witch Child by Celia Ress, which is about the Salem Witch Trials (one of my favorite historical topics) and another book called 48 Shades of Brown by Nick Earls. That last one looked funny and interesting, so I grabbed it. You can be expecting some reviews of these two books soon!

Peace and Love,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)