Sunday, March 6, 2011

Book Review: WITCH CHILD

A few minutes ago I finished Witch Child by Celia Rees. Before I tell you how the book was, let me tell you a little story.

Well, when I got this book from the library I thought it was so cool because it said it was an old diary from a 15 year old girl who lived in the 1600's. It said that the diary was found in an old rare quilt. After I did a little research (which is code for Googling it) I found out that it is fake. DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW DISAPPOINTED I WAS???

Anyways, this book was about a 15 year old girl who lived in England in the 1600's. Her grandmother is accused of being a witch and is eventually hanged. One day a stranger 'kidnaps' the girl and tells her to go on a boat to America because she is no longer safe in England. The girl obeys the strangers advice and travels across the oceans with a bunch of Puritans.

This book was excellently written. I loved how it sounded so realistic, like it actually was a real diary. It was suspenseful and had me hooked from the very beginning. It ended kind of abruptly, though, and it kind of leaves you hanging. I heard there is a sequel, so I will have to definitely look into that. All in all, this was great book.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes, especially one who enjoys reading historical fiction.

Hugs,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)