Saturday, November 5, 2011

Series Review: THE MAZE RUNNER SERIES

 Author: James Dashner
Number of Pages:
The Maze Runner : 379
The Scorch Trials : 490
The Death Cure : 384
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

The Maze Runner is about boy teenager named Thomas, who wakes up in the middle of the Glade, a village that is surrounded by a huge stone maze. All of the people in the village, the Gladers, are guys as well- until one girl mysteriously appears. No one knows why they are in the Glade, how they got there, or what their life was like before they appeared there. Will the Gladers find their way out of the maze before the Grievers, the monsters that prowl the maze at night, get them? Will they make it out alive? To find out, you must read this amazing book!

I would write a short summary about the next two books in this trilogy, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure, but I don't want to give anything away. Just trust me when I say that if you like The Maze Runner, you'll love the rest of the series!

This series was absolutely awesome! It's very sci-fi, sort of futuristic, and extremely action-packed and suspenseful. It is sort of graphic, but nothing too bad- and trust me, I can't deal with gory details, and I was fine reading this. It's got a little something for everyone- suspense, fighting scenes, sci-fi monsters, romance, drama, humor- what more could you want?

My Rating:

The Maze Runner ~ :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. This is by far my favorite book in the entire trilogy. I love the concept of the Glade and the Maze. The ending of this book is very fast-paced, but it isn' so confusing that you have no idea what happened. Once you read this book, you'll definitely want to read the rest of the series!!!

The Scorch Trials ~ :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. This was my second favorite book in this trilogy. It picks up right where the last book left off, which I appreciated dearly. The setting is totally different, which mixed things up a bit. The ending of this book is confusing, but once I read it again it completely made sense. I loved the idea of betrayal in this book- Thomas didn't know who to believe, and neither did I. I think it stuck out to me because people are forced to deal with betrayal in real life, and it's interesting to see that the author predicted that in the future, it would still be something we have to deal with.

The Death Cure ~ :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. I have to say that although this book was great, it was my least favorite out of the whole trilogy. What I did like about it was that you learn a lot of the secrets that have been kept from both the characters and you throughout the first two books. Again, betrayal plays out in this book as well, only not as much as it did in the second book. Also, I loved how they made a huge reference at the end of this book to the first book- I can't tell you what it was, because that would ruin the surprise. The ending of this book was very confusing, though. I still don't really know exactly what occurred. I think there could have been a longer epilogue or something. Still, it was a great book.

Overall, I give this series a 5 out of 5 smileys. This is one of my all time favorite series ever!

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes, in fact I have recommended it to many of my friends. My brother is actually reading it right now. He doesn't really read books often, but he loves it! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS SERIES, READ IT NOW!!!!!

Luego,
Aceba

1 comment:

  1. I've read Maze Runner, but haven't acquired the others yet. Maze Runner was amazing!
    I can't wait to read the rest.
    ~Lucia
    P.S. Do you know that Matched has a sequel?

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)