Saturday, November 12, 2011

Book Review: THE CENTER OF THE WORLD

Author: Andreas Steinhofel
Number of Pages: 467
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: May, 2005

Phil is a seventeen-year-old boy who lives with Glass (his mom) and Dianne (his sister) in a huge house they call Visible. Phil has always been sort of an outsider among his peers- his mother has a reputation for having affairs and Phil himself is gay. When Phil meets Nicholas, a mysterious boy in his class, Phil knows that he can't just stand still anymore- he needs to move. This is a story of self-discovery, self-worth, and most importantly, love.

I absolutely loved this book! The writing was simply amazing! There was so much imagery and description in this book that I felt like I was actually there in Visible standing next to Phil. This story is unique and altogether fantastic. There are som many twists and turns and the ending is just wonderful. All of the characters are different, and Phil is just adorable!

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. This book is a five-smiley book, hands down!!! I really wish there was a sequel, but I don't think there is.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely!!!! If you haven't read this book, READ IT NOW!!! You won't regret it!!!

Yours,
Aceba

1 comment:

  1. I'll look for it! This seems like really my type of book!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)