Thursday, November 17, 2011

Book Review: I LIKE HIM, HE LIKES HER

Author: Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Number of Pages: 630
Publisher: Atheneum
Release Date: May 18, 2010

Alice is a freshman in high school. She has high hopes for the start of high school- one of those hopes is to keep her beloved boyfriend, Patrick. Unfortunately, Patrick has other plans. Soon he starts going out with a girl named Penny, leaving Alice alone- well, not totally alone, right? I mean, she still has her two best friends, Elizabeth and Pamela...or does she? Lately they have been avoiding her at school and whispering to each other whenever she walks by. All too soon Alice's hopes for freshman year are squashed. Well, maybe sophomore year will be better.

This was a great book! I could relate to a lot of what Alice is feeling and what she was going through. There was just enough drama in this book to make it seem realistic, which I appreciated. I found Alice herself to be a very funny narrator. The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it wasn't very unique- do you know how many books there are about girls having boyfriend issues? A lot. Nevertheless, I am definitely going to read the sequel, It's Not Like I Planned It This Way.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Definitely.

Hugs,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)