Thursday, August 11, 2011

Book Review: WILD ROSES

Author: Deb Caletti
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: August 30, 2005

Cassie Morgan was just a normal seventeen year old girl- until her parents got divorced and her mother married the famous violinist and composer, Dino Cavalli. Fans of Dino believe that he is an innocent genius, but Cassie knows better; she has to live with him. At home Dino is a whirlwind of emotions- one second he's fine, the next he's fuming with rage. As his condition continues to get worse, Cassie has a hard time trying to keep herself together.

To make things even more complicated, Cassie has fallen in love with Dino's only student, Ian. Ian's a sweet, funny, responsible guy- but even he has his secrets. Will Cassie survive Dino? Will Cassie's relationship survive Dino?

I loved this book. It was simple, funny, and adorably adorable. I play the violin myself, so I understood a lot of the musical aspects of this novel. The relationship between Cassie and Ian was just perfect. I found myself hating Dino more and more as the book went on, and then suddenly I understood why he was the way he was (you'll get what I'm talking about after you read the book). Part of me still doesn't forgive him, though.

Anyways, this was only my second book by Deb Caletti (my first being The Fortunes of Indigo Skye) and I have to say that I L-O-V-E her writing style. The story seems to life-like when written by Deb. I know this sounds really corny, but I had a very hard times putting this book down. I would stop to go do some geometry (yes, I still have homework in the summer) but within half a minute I would be back reading again. I just couldn't get this book out of my head. This is a definite must-read!!!!

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Of course.

Yours,
Aceba



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)