Thursday, August 18, 2011

Book Review: ALICE, I THINK

Author: Susan Juby
Number of Pages: 320
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: May1, 2004

15 year old Alice has been homeschooled ever since first grade- until now. To please her new counselor Bob, Alice agrees to actually go to school for high school. This novel is written from Alice's point of view as her diary, and in it she writes about all her wacky adventures with her unusual friends and family.

When I first started reading this book I thought that I would like it a lot, but as I read further on I actually began to like it less and less. This book is extremely random, and although it was sometimes very funny, it didn't keep my attention at all. I found myself wanting to just read it all at once to get it over with. To me Alice's personality was totally random, and I really couldn't relate to any of the characters at all. As you can probably tell, I really didn't care for this book at all.

Rating: :0) :0) 2 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Probably not.

Hugs,
Aceba

1 comment:

  1. Omg, you're reading Matched? I LOVE that book! I borrowed it from a friend and loved every page of it. It's one of my favorites. I know you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)