Thursday, August 4, 2011

Book Review: WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE

Author: Sarah Dessen
Number of Pages: 402
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Release Date: May 10, 2011

Mclean doesn't know who she is. She's remade herself so many times that the real Mclean is almost nonexistent. She's lived with her father ever since her mom ran off and married the new coach of her dad's favorite basketball team, splitting their family apart and leaving Mclean somewhere in the middle. So when Mclean and her dad move to Lakeview, Mclean tries to put on a new personality. However, Mclean finds herself being just that- herself. With the help of Dave, the genius, dorky, cute guy next door, Mclean learns to just be herself, and that a house does not make a home- love does.

Maybe it's because I'm a teenage girl or maybe it's because I can't resist an adorable, down-to-earth love story, or maybe it's a little bit of both, but I absolutely loved this book! This is the second novel by Sarah Dessen that I have read, and I will definitely be reading another one soon!!! I found myself really relating to Mclean. If my parents' marriage suddenly collapsed, I think that I would react in a similar way to Mclean. My favorite character in this book was not Mclean, however, but Dave. He's smart, he's funny, he's dorky, he's cute, and most of all he's always there for his friends. If more people were like Dave, I think the world would be a better place.

This book is a definite must-read!

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Aceba





2 comments:

  1. How do you pronounce Mclean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's like 'Mc' as in McDonalds and then 'lean' as in 'spleen'. I think that's how you pronounce it, because I don't know how you would say it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)