Monday, August 15, 2011

Book Review: THE JULIET CLUB

Author: Suzanne Harper
Number of Pages: 402
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: June 1, 2008

Kate Sanderson has had only one boyfriend, and she is determined never to have another one. In her opinion, love is silly and you will always end up with a broken heart, so why bother? So when she wins an essay contest and is given the chance to go to Verona, Italy for the summer to take part in a Shakespeare seminar, her friends are extremely excited- perhaps she will finally fall in love! Kate, however, is doubtful.Will Kate find love in Italy, or will she return to America unchanged?

The Juliet Club was very enjoyable to read. It had me laughing and hoping desperately that Kate would just relax and let herself be happy. After I finished reading this book I just couldn't stop thinking about it. The author did an excellent job of describing Verona, Italy- it felt like I was actually there watching this story unfold. I loved the clever twist at the end. Overall, this was an awesome read.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: If they like romance novels, than yes. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't like this book.

Yours,
Aceba

2 comments:

  1. Can I ask why you did four smileys? I haven't read the book, but your review didn't mention any negative things about the book...
    Why not 5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't rate this book 5 smileys because I thought the ending was really abrupt and too short. She just kind of left Italy and that was that. It felt like a whole page had been ripped out of the book. Anyways, that's why I rated it four smileys. I forgot to mention it in the review :(. Thanks for asking!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)