Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Book Review: FORGE

The other day I finished reading Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson, which I had been really wanting to read for quite some time. This is the sequel to Chains, also to Laurie Halse Anderson. Click here to see my review of Chains.

*****SPOILER ALERT***** If you are reading Chains now or think you might want to in the future, or if you just haven't gotten around to reading Forge, you should stop reading this review now!!!

In this sequel, Curzon is separated from Isabel and decides (though unwillingly) to enlist in the army. There he meets an unlikely group of friends. This part of the book was very funny, as the men he meets are quite humorous. Curzon spends the winter with his regiment in Valley Forge, fighting off starvation and the bitter cold as supplies for the Patriots almost immediately run out. Then, one day the unexpected happens-

Okay, I'm stopping there- I don't want to give away the whole book for you!!!

I really enjoy these books. First, they are the best historical fiction books I have ever read (so far!). They are realistic and I can really connect with the characters. Many are the characters and funny and sarcastic, which makes it enjoyable to read. Overall, if you're looking for some awesome historical fiction, be sure to pick these books up first!!!

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes!!!

Hugs,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)