Saturday, June 25, 2011

Book Review: 13 LITTLE BLUE ENVELOPES

Earlier today I finished 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson.

Ginny (short for Virginia, not Ginerva like in Harry Potter) has always admired her quirky and artistic Aunt Peg. Sure, her aunt was never really "normal"- she would settle somewhere and then one day decide to get up and abruptly move somewhere else. Just like she did when she was living in New York and then suddenly moved to England. She didn't give a reason nor an explanation. She just got up and went. Later, Ginny's family received word that Peg had died of a brain tumor.

The real story starts when Ginny receives a letter telling her to pick up a mysterious package at the 4th Noodle restaurant before boarding a plane bound for England. In the package are even more little blue envelopes, each with a number on them, all the way up to lucky number 13. But here's the catch: within each envelope is a task, a task that Ginny must complete before opening the next envelope. Will Ginny follow her dead Aunt's orders, or will she ignore them and just go home???

I have to say, this book was sort of in the middle for me. Sometimes it was fast-paced and funny, other times it seemed extremely slow and very random. I found it very cool to read about all the different places in Europe that Ginny goes, as I have never been to Europe. The characters are all pretty much unique. The ending sort of disappointed me though- but I can't tell you why, because that would spoil the whole book!!!

All in all, this was a very okay book. There is a sequel that I am definitely going to read.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0)

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes.

Hugs,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)