Friday, November 12, 2010

Book Review: CITY OF THE BEASTS

Last week I finished City of the Beasts by Isabel Allende.

This book was about a boy named Alexander Cold, who goes to live with his adventurous grandmother, Kate. He can't stay at home with his family, because his mother is sick with cancer. Kate is hired to go to the Amazon and write an article about The Beast, a legendary Yeti. Alex meets a girl and they soon become friends, and then the group sets out for their journey.

I found this book to be very.....um....unique. It seemed very unrealistic, and it wasn't at all what I thought it would be. Some parts were suspenseful and interesting, while other moments were just dull and boring. Don't get me wrong, it was a good book...just not one of the best.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) Sorry, but I have to give it 3 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Well, that depends. I would probably give it to someone younger than me, but not TOO young, because there are some violent parts....hmm.....

Sorta disappointed,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)