Friday, June 1, 2012

Book Review: THE OUTCASTS OF 19 SCHUYLER PLACE

Author: E.L. Konigsburg
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: Aladdin
Release Date: January 1, 2004

The summer Margaret Rose Kane is sent to Camp Talequa is the summer in which everything will change for her. When her Uncles rescue her from this monarchy of a summer camp, she finds that not everything is okay. Her uncles are being awfully strange, with their avoidance of maintaining the Towers' breathtaking appearance and their irritable attitudes. What is the cause of these unusual changes? Will Margaret be able to make everything normal again?

I absolutely love this book. Seriously. I've read it about four or five times, and every time I read it I fall in love with it all over again. E. L. Konigsburg's writing style is so great- it's descriptive, witty, and very realistic. I've read most of her books, and they are all well worth reading.

This book holds a story that is fun and unique. It captures the cruelness of tween girls and the unfairness of the world with surprising accuracy. I found myself laughing out loud at parts because Konigsburg knows how to make her readers chuckle. Overall, this is an amazing read.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0)

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely.

Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)