Thursday, June 21, 2012

Book Review: SO YESTERDAY

Author: Scott Westerfeld
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: September 13, 2004

When Hunter comes across Jen, attracted to her creative way of tying her shoes, he has know idea of the adventure that is about to unfold. Hunter is a Cool Hunter, or someone who walks the streets on the lookout for original and quirky ideas that may just become the new "cool" thing. Suddenly Hunter's boss goes missing, leaving behind her cell phone and launching a sequence of unusual and thrilling events that Hunter and Jen tackle full-on, if a bit hesitant at times.
I've read quite a few of Scott Westerfeld's novels, and I've loved them all. So Yesterday was no exception. This book was creative and had a subject matter unlike anything I've ever read before. The concept of Cool Hunters and Innovators is really interesting to read about because you can see how it relates to everyday life. (I would say that I am at the bottom of the pyramid, a consumer.) Hunter was a great narrator for the book, being both quirky but realistic and relatable, I think.
However, there was one thing that I didn't care for about this book, and that was the relationship between Jen and Hunter. I loved both Hunter and Jen as characters, but I think their relationship was very rushed. It does mention this in the book, but I think it could have been spaced out a bit more. Other than that, this book was great. Can't wait to read more of Scott Westerfeld's books!!!!!!
My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Definitely. This book is well worth reading!

Hugs,
NutFreeNerd

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I really liked Scott Westerfield's other books!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)