Saturday, June 23, 2012

GUETAPENS

So, some of you may remember how I used to do a word of the day post on here. There is a guy that lives down the road from me who has this big sign in front of his house. The sign has big interchangable letters, and every few weeks or so he changes the word written on the sign. The words are usually random and not well known. I always look them up and I wonder how he decides which word to put up.

One of his most recent words was GUETAPENS. However, I was too busy to actually look it up for a while. I just did today, and I found that it was the word that the 2012 Spelling Bee Champion had to spell correctly to win, which she did. It means trap, snare, or ambush.

How cool is that? To read more about the Spelling Bee Champion, you can read this article from the LA Times here.

Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)