Friday, January 6, 2012

MY BOOKCASE!!!!!!!!

I just realized that I never shared with you guys my new bookcase. Well, I'll just have to fix that....
So, here is my bookcase! (Please ignore my scarves and stuff off to the left there...) Pretty snazzy, I know... and yes, those are indeed Christmas lights. ;)

My plan for organizing all of my books was to assign each shelf a genre. Then, all of the books on that shelf would be of that genre. This was great in theory, until I realized that I had way more books in some genres than one shelf could hold, and that I only have like two books in another genre. So I scratched that plan and sort of organized them by genre, just not by shelf. (If you're thinking that I put way too much effort into this than I had to, then you are correct.) Let me give you the detailed tour.
At the tippity-top, above the first shelf, we have my miniature chairs. If you watch the Vlogbrothers' videos on Youtube.com, you will notice that John Green has tiny chairs on his bookshelves as well. If you do not watch the Vlogbrothers, go watch them! They are hilarious!

Anyways, these chairs were a gift from my friend. Thanks, friend!!! :0)

Under the chairs on the top shelf we have my all time favorite books series. These would be Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. There are some other books by J.R.R. Tolkien/concerning Lord of the Rings mixed in there as well. To the right I also have The Golden Compass trilogy by Phillip Pullman. The Golden Compass isn't necessarily one of my very favorite series, but it fit on the shelf, so that's where it's gonna stay!




The second-highest book shelf holds some of my fantasy books. This includes The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott, The Secret Series by Pseudonymous Bosch, The Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart, etc.





This book shelf is half fantasy, half science fiction. The fantasy portion of this shelf includes books such as Eragon by Christopher Paolini, The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo, and Wicked by Gregory Maguire. The science fiction half of this shelf contains books like Lies and Plague by Michael Grant, Angel by James Patterson, and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Note: I do realize that on the fence between fantasy and sci-fi is a disturbing novel- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Please understand that this is left over from my Twilight phase when I was in sixth grade. This was a short phase that, I am proud to say, has not carried with me through the years.

The next shelf holds my contemporary YA books. This includes the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard, Paper Towns/Looking for Alaska/An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, and Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen, just to name a few.
The second-to-last shelf of my bookcase is sort of a mish-mash of a bunch of different genres. There's a little contemporary YA (like Please Don't Be True by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor) and some historical fiction (such as Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn) and a few classics (including Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen) and various other miscellaneous books. Like I said, it's a little bit of everything.
The very last shelf of my bookcase is pretty bare. All that's there are some DVDs and a few magazines. The DVDs include all three Lord of the Rings movies and Part 2 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. My magazines, as you can see from the picture to the right, are Seventeen. I still haven't decided what else to add to this shelf. I think as I get more books I'll have to expand and use the bottom shelf, so I guess I'm just waiting until then.
And that concludes our tour of my new bookcase! Sorry that this post was REALLY REALLY long- I just couldn't wait to tell you guys about it. Do you have a cool way of organizing your bookcase? Leave a comment!

Yours,
Aceba

2 comments:

  1. I love your bookshelf!
    Those lights are pretty snazzy.... :)
    I like how you organized your books. So cool. I just have this plastic shelving by my window that I heap books on as I get them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it... I thought I was the only one who appreciated stuff like that, so it's nice to know that there are other people out there like me! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)