Thursday, January 26, 2012

Book Review: THE GUNSLINGER

Author: Stephen King
Number of Pages: 264
Publisher: Plume
Release Date: June 10, 1982

The Gunslinger is the last of his kind. He is chasing after the man in black, an evil man who knows information about the Dark Tower that no one else does. Will the Last Gunslinger finish his quest alive, or will he die trying to obtain the whereabouts of the Tower?

I read this book on a recommendation from my English teacher, and I am so glad I did! This really was a great book, although the front cover is a little creepy..... or a lot creepy....
Anyways, this book started out a little slow and was confusing at first, but once I got into it it was fine. I liked how it the Gunslinger had 'flashbacks' of his past quite frequently, as they gave the reader a hint of this mysterious man's personality. My absolute favorite part of the book was the very last chapter, for reasons I unfortunately cannot include in this post because they contain spoilers of an important kind. But trust me: it is the best part of the book.
There are many, many books in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King (6? 7? somewhere around there) and I am debating whether or not to continue with the series. I think I will.
My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys. I didn't rate this a five only because of its slow start. Otherwise, it was a great book!

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Only one who likes to read fantasy. It probably wouldn't be that enjoyable to read if you didn't.
Yours,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)