Thursday, December 29, 2011

Less than a year until the world ends!

Not really. Unless you believe in all that the-world-is-going-to-end-in-2012 stuff. Personally, I just think the Mayans got tired of making their calendar and decided to stop. But that's just me. Either way, the world better not end in 2012, because that would mean never finding out how the Gone series by Michael Grant ends, which would be AWFUL! Seriously, think of all the things we wouldn't get to experience if the world ended in 2012.......scary.

Anyways, I hope you all had a great Christmas/whatever-holiday-you-celebrate! I got a NOOK Tablet, which is AWESOME! If any of you are looking into getting a NOOK, get the tablet!!!! You won't regret it!!!!

Only a few more days until New Year's Day..... where did the time go??? Next year I promise that I will do a lot more posting and reviewing on this blog. PROMISE!!!!! ;) I already have a stack of books just waiting to be read in 2012.

If I don't post again until after Sunday, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! :D

Hugs,
Aceba

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure one of the following happened:
    1) The mayans figured, "Hey! We've made our calendars for a thousand years into the future. I think we're good for a while. Let's just give it another couple centuries before we keep working on it."
    2) The calendar-maker guy died or something before he could add any more years, and he didn't get replaced because the mayans were a little busy BEING ATTACKED BY THE CONQUISTADORS.
    3) The Mayans thought the world would end in 2012. So? I mean, sorry, but just because they thought that doesn't mean it'll actually happen. These people performed human sacrifices because they thought it would make it rain....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bugs me is when people are all "AAAH IT'S THE 2012 IN A WEEK WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!" this December. Because seriously?
    The world is not predicted to end January 1st 2012.
    It's predicted to end DECEMBER 21st A YEAR LATER!
    Meaning December 2012.
    Grr.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)