Thursday, December 15, 2011

Book Review: THE TRANSALL SAGA

Author: Gary Paulsen
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: Laurel Leaf
Release Date: May 11, 1998

Mark's solo camping trip in the desert turns into a terrifying and thrilling odyssey when a mysterious beam of light transports him to another time on what appears to be another planet. As Mark searches for a pathway back to his own time on Earth, he must make a new life in a new world. His encounters with primitive tribes bring the joy of human bonds, but violence and war as well--and, finally, a contest in which he discovers his own startling powers.
                                                                        - Goodreads.com

I was really surprised by this novel. When I read the description of it I thought it might be a little too cheesy and not that realistic. But I actually found it to be a pretty enjoyable read. The epilogue was really good, too- I thought it tied it all off very well. The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it started off really slow and took a little bit to get into. Other than that, this was a really good book!

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes, but only if they don't mind reading science fiction/fantasy novels. It's a great book but it's a little out there, and I know some people don't enjoy that type of stuff.

Hugs,
Aceba

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. this seems really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I found it while looking through my brother's bookshelf and I'm so glad I did! It was really good!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)