Sunday, May 1, 2011

Book Review: THE LOOKING GLASS WARS

Two days ago I finished reading The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor.

This book is about the back-story to Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. It says that Alice was actually Princess Alyss Heart, whose mother is the queen of Wonderland. The Hatter was actually Hatter Madigan, an extremely good fighter and body guard of the queen. The queen that says "Off with your head!" was actually the queen of Wonderland's sister, named Redd. She was banished from Wonderland for practicing Black Imagination (bad imagination) instead of White Imagination (good imagination).

I really liked this book because it was fun to figure out all the similarities between Alice in Wonderland and this book. It was a little confusing in some parts, but I could pretty much follow the story without trouble. It is very "fantasy-ish", so if you're not into reading books that are hard to believe, this might not be the book for you. However, I do suggest that you at least try it because it was a wonderful story. There are a few more books in the series, I think, and I'm looking forward to reading them.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes, one that likes to read fantasy.

Happy first day of May,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)