Saturday, January 29, 2011

Used Bookstores

Yesterday I went to a used bookstore. If you haven't ever been to one, I suggest you do. They are really awesome, and here's why:
  1. You can get a ton of books for cheap- a lot cheaper than if you were to buy them new. And really, if you're only going to read it once and then never touch it again, why buy a new book when you can buy a used one? Your used bookstore may not have the greatest selection, but it's better than nothing.

  2. You're helping the environment!!! Just think- instead of buying a new book and wasting that paper, you're reading one that has already been read, therefore saving paper. If everyone swapped books with friends, used libraries, and shopped at used bookstores we could save hundreds of trees over time!!!
  3. Most of the time you can find books you've never heard about in used bookstores. This is great, because you can read more books than just the ones that everyone else is reading. I've read some amazing books from used bookstores before.

So, next time you're bored and your mum or dad says, "Is there anywhere you want to go today??", don't just reply in the boring way you always do- suggest that you go to a used bookstore!!! Most likely, there is one close to where you live.

Until next time,

Aceba

8 comments:

  1. Have you read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? I think you would really like it, because all the books you've talked about on here are similar to the ones I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I've heard it was really good! I've wanted to read it, but I kinda never got around to it....I'll put it in my list of books to read! Thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy is awesome! Have you read the rest of the series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet... is Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy the first book in the series???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. The next two are The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and Life, the Universe, and Everything. The fourth is Goodbye and Thankyou for the Fish. I think someone wrote a fifth and sixth. A different guy though. The author of Artemis Fowl, right? I've heard those aren't as good. The first three are the main ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should read it, it's totally awesome. Marvin... ahh. And the bowl of petunias! But OMG AGRAJAG!!!! TOTALLY CREEPY!!! Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read which? Hitchiker's Guide or Goodbye and Thankyou for the Fish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welllll, if you haven't read the first one yet, I suggest you do that. I think you should read them in order. DUH.
    Also, it's not "Goodbye and Thank You for the Fish". It's "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish".

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)