Friday, January 21, 2011

Book Review: THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY


A few days ago I finished reading The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

The Hunger Games, the first book in the series, was by far the best out of the three, at least in my opinion. It's suspenseful, romantic, heartbraking- it's a great book. It's about a girl named Katniss, who lives in District 12 in a place called Panem, the ruins of what used to be North America. When her younger sister gets picked to participate in the Hunger Games, Katniss volunteers to take her place. Katniss goes through some ups and downs in the book, and the twist at the end was awesome. Overall, it was an amazing read.




Catching Fire, the second book in this series, was also good. I can't really tell you all about it, because that would be giving away the whole ending of the first book. This was my second favorite book of the series.

Mockingjay, the third and last book in the trilogy, was my least favorite. The ending was confusing and just didn't really satisfy me. A lot of my friends who have read it loved it, though, so don't let me sway you into not reading it. READ IT!!!!
Rating:
The Hunger Games: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys
Catching Fire: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys
Mockingjay: :0) :0) :0) 3 out of 5 smileys
Series overall: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys
Would I recommend it to a friend?: I would recommend it to ANYONE! This was a great series.

Adios,
Aceba

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the 3rd one, actually, but it was so sad and scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first one the best. To many people died who didn't need to in the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)