Sunday, November 18, 2012

Quote: John Green

This week's quote is:

"When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books."
- John Green
 
This quote comes from John Green's first novel Looking for Alaska, which I recently finished reading for the second time. It's an amazing book, so amazing that it's hard to believe it's his first. Anyways, in the book Alaska says this quote, and it is really unexpected. When you first meet Alaska as a character you wouldn't think (at least I didn't think) that she would be the type of person to have shelves and stacks and piles of books in her room. Yet she does. This single sentence really makes you do a double-take of sorts and makes you re-analyze how you view Alaska. Oh, John Green, how I love your awesome quotes!
 
Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)