Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Review: THE RISE OF NINE

Author: Pittacus Lore
Number of Pages: 360
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: August 21, 2012

The members of the Garde who are still living are still running and fighting for their lives. In America Numbers Four and Nine are on the run together, trying to make it to the west coast in order to find their friends. Six is off to Spain, where she hopes to rally together some more Loriens. Three are dead and the ones who remain alive could die at any moment. Who will be next?

With this being the third novel in the I Am Number Four series, I had high hopes for it. I am happy to say that those high expectations were more than met. These books never cease to impress me, with their constant action and plot twists that keep me on the very edge of my seat. I love this series.

With the addition of more members of the guard into play, this book really came to life. The author does such a good job incorporating not only their Legacies (their powers) but most importantly their personalities. The endings of these novels are always especially suspenseful and action-packed. I love reading them, because you never know what is going to happen- and most often you can never predict what will happen, either.

My favorite character is probably Six. She has that tough-girl personality that many female main characters possess, yet she doesn't come off as stereotypical in any way. None of the characters do, because they have so much depth to them. The author does a great job at not only keeping everything fast paced, but at knowing when to slow down a bit and focus on the characters.

Overall, this book was excellent. I can't wait for the next addition to the series to come out!

My Ratings: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely! But read the rest of the series first.

Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)