Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book Review: STOP ME IF YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE

Author: David Yoo
Number of Pages: 386
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: September 30, 2008

Albert Kim has been the "intentional loser" of Bern High School for years. He quickly gave up on trying to fit in a be popular and decided to go the less painful route- don't talk to anyone, don't make eye contact with anyone, don't be friends with anyone. So when he gets a job one summer and finds himself working with Mia Stone, one of the most popular girls at Bern High, he doesn't know what to do. Will Albert Kim stay invisible forever, or will Mia finally get him to shine?

This book was okay, but definitely not one of my favorites. Albert Kim, the main character, just seemed so whiny to me, and I couldn't really relate to him at all. Some of his actions were extremely idiotic, especially towards the end. The ending itself was sort of rushed and thrown together, and I thought it was too cliche. This book was funny in some parts, and then weird in others.My favorite part of the book was probably the first hundred pages when Albert and Mia were working together during the summer. Then The House (Mia's ex-boyfriend) came along and ruined everything. Overall, this book was an okay read, but not something I would pick up again.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) 3 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Honestly, not really.

Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)