Saturday, February 26, 2011

Book Review: FREAKY GREEN EYES

Today I finished Freaky Green Eyes by Joyce Carol Oates.

Franky's dad is a former football player and is now a celebrity sports TV commentator person. He has a short temper and wants everything in his life to be perfect. When Franky's mom, Krista, tries to embrace her love of art, her husband yells at her. He often beats and abuses his family, but they don't tell anyone. One day Krista is reported as missing, and the investigation starts. What happened to Krista? Who is responsible? Will she be found alive?


This book was okay. I guessed what had happened to Krista when it first said she was missing, and my suspicion was correct. Franky blames her mom for her dad's temper and anger, but she is just trying to be herself. I found myself getting frustrated with Franky, and I wanted to yell, Can't you see that your dad is a terrible person?!? This book has left me with mixed feelings. It was an okay book, just not really the book for me.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) 3 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: I have to admit, this wouldn't be the first thing I would tell a friend to read. But if there was nothing else, I would probably mention it.
Always,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)