Monday, August 13, 2012

Book Review: CITY OF ASHES

Author: Cassandra Clare
Number of Pages: 453
Publisher: Margaret k. McElderry Books
Release Date: March 25, 2008

WARNING: For anyone who hasn't read the first book in this series, City of Bones, this review may contain spoilers.

In this sequel to City of Bones, the adventures continue as Clary, Simon, Jace, and the whole gang struggle defeat Valentine and his clever, cruel plots. More of Luke's history is revealed, as well as a deeper look into Downworlder life and the mercilessness of the Clave. Will Clary and Jace come to terms with each other now that they know they are related? Will Clary's mother wake up from her "coma" or will she continue to puzzle not only mundane doctors but the Shadowhunters themselves?

I have to say, so far this series is AMAZING. With multiple plot lines going at once you never get bored, and all of the details and events come full circle in a way that leaves you feeling satisfied. My favorite character is probably Luke. He's just a likable guy who can put things into action and who is always there for those that he loves. Also, he runs a bookstore, so that's a big plus. :)

I've been reading a lot of reviews of this series on Goodreads and other websites, and quite a few people say that Cassandra Clare is ripping off J.K. Rowling. I guess she's using J.K. Rowling's writing style....????? I don't really see that. As a matter of fact, I think that their writing styles are pretty different from each other. So if you're worried that this might be another Harry Potter rip off, don't worry- in my opinion, it definitely isn't one.

There was a MAJOR cliff hanger at the end of this book, so I can't wait to read the next one!!!
My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: ABSOLUTELY! But you have to read the first book first. (obviously.)

Yours,
NutFreeNerd

1 comment:

  1. They might be saying she's "ripping off JK Rowling" just to mean she's stealing some of the attention for it... but I don't really know the tone of the reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)