Saturday, August 25, 2012

Book Review: ALICE IN CHARGE

Author: Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Number of Pages: 336
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Release Date: June 15, 2010

In this installment of the Alice series, Alice is forced to deal with the usual issues facing a high school senior- college applications, getting ready to leave home, worrying about dates for the dance- as well as a group of Neo-Nazis that just happen to be the very teenagers surrounding her at school.

At this point, I'm really starting to wish this series would just end. I was convinced that this was the last book in the series, but alas! it is not. I don't know how many more there are. I'm not really sure that I care.

This book was basically Alice whining page after page about her busy life. She was like: "OH MY GOSH I'M SO BUSY WITH MY EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES THAT I HARDLY HAVE ANY TIME FOR ANYTHING ELSE, EVEN THOUGH I MAKE A POINT TO CALL MY BOYFRIEND (WHO IS IN COLLEGE) EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFE."

Hold the phone there, Alice. Okay, so you're busy. Well, I am too, and so are a lot of people. GET OVER IT. Maybe, if you didn't spend so much time wallowing in your self pity about your boyfriend not being there to hold you at every moment you desire, you would have some time to- oh, I don't know- MAKE SOME DECISIONS ABOUT COLLEGE.

As you can probably tell, I've pretty much had it with Alice.

A lot of people seem to really like these books (according to some reviews on Goodreads.com). I can totally see the potential for this to have been a great series, but it's just too stereotypical and Alice is just too whiny.

My Rating: :0) :0) 2 our of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Sorry Alice, but no.

Thanks for putting up with all of my complaining!!!!
Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)