Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Book Review: EPIC FAIL

Author: Claire LaZebnik
Number of Pages:
Publisher:
Release Date:

"At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Cast in point:

- As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school - not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.
- As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long."

                                                                                                - Goodreads.com

I think the only way I can describe this book is with the word OKAY. It wasn't an amazing book, but it wasn't terrible either. I found it more enjoyable to read as it progressed, but it was slow and sort of boring. This book was your average romance novel, only shorter. I probably could have read this in one sitting if I had wanted to.

There was a twist that took me by surprise in the middle-ish of the story, which I liked, but other than that the plot was kind of predictable. I knew who would end up with who because I figured it would be a happy ending like most of the stories in this genre, and I was right. Overall, this was simply an okay read.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) 3 out of 5 smileys. So you might have noticed that the book in my last post, Please Don't Be True, was also rated 3 out of 5 smileys, but I appeared to like it a lot less than this one. That is true, but I feel like this doesn't deserve a four, and it doesn't deserve a two either. So I'm sticking with a three. The same goes for the other book.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Maybe. If they were a big fan of romance novels I might mention this book to them, but otherwise I probably wouldn't.

Always,
NutFreeNerd

1 comment:

  1. I just saw that book in the library yesterday....

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)