Monday, October 10, 2011

It's Monday...

Hey! Today I have the day off from school, so I am getting caught up on all of my posting. Sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately- I've been so super busy that I'm lucky I've had time to read. I think I mentioned this before, but my science teacher insists on giving us tons of homework every week. I don't know if she thinks science is the only class we have or that we are okay with devoting our lives to her class, but either way she is WRONG. When I grow up I don't want to go into the science field, so why do I have to spend all of this time on science??? Seriously. Something is wrong with American school system.

I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice last night. Boy, that book took me a long time to read. All of the wording is complex, the vocabulary isn't what I'm used to, and they call everyone by their last name, even when there are multiple people with the last name. For example, there are five Bennet sisters, and everyone calls them all Ms. Bennet, and you don't know which one they are referring to. It's so confusing. Besides that, it was very good. I will be posting a full review shortly.

Right now I am reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, because after Pride and Prejudice I definitely need a quick and easy read.

Guess what???? The Death Cure by James Dashner comes out tomorrow!!! I am sooooo excited!!! It is the last book in the amazing trilogy that contained The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials. I cannot wait to get my hands on that book!!!

By the way, how awesome does that cover look???? Pretty awesome, if you ask me!!!!

So, what have you all been reading lately??? Anything good??? Let me know if there are any books you want me to read or review.

I hope you guys are having a great start of the school year!

Yours,
Aceba

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Aceba!
    My friend recommended me to his blog and I LOVE it!
    Until now, I wasn't aloud to comment on any blogs, but I've been reading this one since June. I'm so glad to be head, finally. You have a large audience you don't even know is there!
    We seem to have similar reading tendencies and like the same genres. I've gotten a lot of great books from your recommendations. Thanks so much!
    I'm thirteen, in eighth grade. I love to read, but go through books so fast that I constantly run out. I don't have any blogs (my ever-controlling parents won't let me have a google account) but I read a bunch.
    My favorite author is Tamora Pierce. Have you read any of her books? They're really good. Anyways, I have a TON of homework nightly. And I can't stand algebra. Math hurts my brain! Well, just introducing myself. I'll be here!
    ~Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lucia!! Thanks so much for reading my blog! I'm so glad that I've actually helped someone find books they enjoy. Sometimes it seems like no one is reading this, so it's nice to know that someone is. I've never read any books by Tamora Pierce, but I definitely will! :)
    ~ Aceba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Tamora Pierce is awesome.
    The Song of the Lioness series was pretty cool, but a bit tedious for me, and I was irritated at the way the romance turns out, but it was still a pretty god series.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)