Monday, October 10, 2011

Book Review: THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE

Author: Jandy Nelson
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: Dial
Release Date: March 9, 2010

Lennie Walker is seventeen when her older sister, Bailey, dies. Bailey was everything to Lennie, so when she is suddenly no longer there, Lennie falls apart. All of a sudden there are two guys in her life- Toby, Bailey's boyfriend before she passed away, is showing an interest in her, and Joe, the new guy in her town, is a musical genius and irresistible to all females in a 20 mile radius of him. How long can Lennie keep this double guy thing going? Will she prevail, or will her life come crashing down around her, just as it did when Bailey died?

The Sky is Everywhere is SUCH a good book!!!! It's very realistic, and I can see myself making some of the decisions that Lennie makes if I was in her position. My favorite character by far is Joe. I mean, who doesn't love a romantic, musical genius of a guy??? I feel really really really really really bad for him when- well, I guess you'll find out when you read it. Because you have to read it. Seriously. This book is that good.

Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys. I have no complaints whatsoever about this novel!!!

Would I recommend it to a friend???: Of course!!!! But I don't think this would be particularly entertaining to males, so maybe I would recommend it only to girls.

Yours,
Aceba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)