Monday, September 5, 2011

Book Review: THE MIDNIGHTERS

Author: Scott Westerfeld
Number of Pages:
- The Secret Hour : 297 pages
- Touching Darkness : 439 pages
- Blue Noon : 505 pages
Publisher: Eos

When Jessica Day moves to Bixby, Oklahoma, her life becomes suddenly more complicated. One night she wakes up at midnight and the whole town is bathed in a strange blue light, and everything is still- everything, that is, except for Rex, Jonathan, Melissa, Dess, and the evil darklings. She learns that she is one out of five people in Bixby that was born at the stroke of midnight, therefore she is able to live in the 25th hour of the day, when everyone else is asleep. The darklings are after Jessica because she has a power that could, if used properly, save Bixby from impending doom. But will these five unique teenagers be too late?

I absolutely loved this trilogy!!! It was totally unlike anything I have ever read. The characters are all different and there personalities and morals really change and develope by the end of the third book. Dess was my favorite character- her sarcastic voice made me laugh and her love of numbers made me think about my own relationship with math. My least favorite character was Jonathan- he was just too selfish and he seemed like he didn't care about anyone other than Jessica. As I was reading I really felt like I was in the blue time with them.

I also loved the whole concept of having a secret extra hour in the day, an hour where only you and a few other people were able to roam the streets and do whatever you wanted. Overall, this was a fantastic series and I am so glad that I decided to read it!!!
Rating:
Individually, this is how I rate the books:
- The Secret Hour ~ :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys
- Touching Darkness ~  :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys
- Blue Noon ~ :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

As a whole trilogy, I rate this series 5 out of 5 smileys!!!!

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Definitely!!!!

Yours,
Aceba


2 comments:

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)