Sunday, July 17, 2011

Book Review: FOREVER

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Pages: 386
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: July 12, 2011

Forever is the final book in this trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater. The first book is Shiver and the second book is Linger.

**********SPOILER ALERT!!!!! IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED READING THIS SERIES, DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST!!!!!!!!**************

Grace is still a wolf in the forest of Mercy Falls. Sam is stressed and depressed. Isabel's father is scheduling one massive hunt that will kill all of the wolves. Cole is trying to find the cure to the madness that is their lives. In this suspenseful, romantic conclusion to this amazing series, everyone has their life is on the line.

I loved this series!!!! The relationship that Sam and Grace have is one that every girl dreams of. Maggie's writing style is flawless- I love the fact that she is very descriptive, yet she doesn't lose the personalities of the characters. The biggest surprise for me was the way Cole changed throughout the series. He started out as a guy who was lost inside, someone who didn't seem to care if they lived or died. But by the end of this trilogy it appeared to me that he finally found himself.

The ending of this book wasn't what I was expecting, but it was good nonetheless. It left a lot of room for multiple endings for the characters, which was kind of nice. Overall, this was a fantastic book!!!!!!

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Of course!!! This was such a cute series. Normally I'm not a fan of werewolf-type books, but this was amazing! It's a definite must-read!

Hugs,
Aceba

3 comments:

  1. I didn't read your description to avoid spoilers, so I have a question.
    Would you consider this series more romance or fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think romance for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I definitely think that this has more romance in it than fantasy. I mean, there is that whole thing about the werewolves, but it's set up to be more realistic than, say, Twilight or the way Lupin is a werewolf in Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)