Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book Review: WHY WE BROKE UP

Author: Daniel Handler
Number of Pages: 354
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: December 27, 2011

Why We Broke Up is the story of Min Green and Ed Slaterton's relationship, as told in the form of a letter written by Min to Ed. She puts a box on Ed's doorstep containing souvenirs from their now over relationship, letting him know exactly why they broke up.

Maybe it's just because I don't really read a lot of books about break-ups, but I thought that this was a very cool concept. I mean, how many times have I wanted to write an angry letter to someone and then dump everything that we've ever shared on their doorstep? It's something that a lot of people can relate to. This book is also very neat because it has color pictures of the objects in the box. How many YA books these days have color pictures? Not many, that's for sure.

For all of it's coolness, however, the story was only average. It kept me interested and entertained (for the most part), but it didn't wow me. Nothing about it screamed, "Read me over and over again!" and it didn't stick in my mind once I was finished reading it. There wasn't really anything extraordinary about it.

Overall, this was a good book, but not one of my favorites.

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) 4 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes.

Always,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)