Saturday, March 10, 2012

Book Review: HOUSE RULES

Author: Jodi Picoult
Number of Pages: 532
Publisher: Atria
Release Date: March 2, 2010

Jacob Hunt is a senior in high school with Asperger's, a type of autism that makes him obsessed with following rules and crime scene investigations. His mother, Emma, is single after her husband left her nearly fifteen years ago. Theo, Jacob's younger brother, does not have Asperger's, and is constantly living in the shadow of his sibling. When Jacob's tutor/counselor is declared missing and is then found dead, there are a few subjects. That is, until the police find startling evidence that Jacob Hunt himself could be behind this murder. Will Jacob spend the next portion of his life locked behind bars, or will the judge declare him not guilty? And beneath it all lurks the most important question: Did Jacob really commit murder???

This is the first book I have read by Jodi Picoult, and I am very impressed. I loved how the writing showed perspectives of many characters, and that all of their lives eventually intertwined with each other's. I liked how it kept you on your toes until the very last page, and how the trial scenes were witty and often very clever. The ending pleased me, surprisingly (because endings usually have a way of leaving me unsatisfied) and even though it was sort of vague, I think it complimented the novel. Overall, this was a very good book. I can't wait to read another book by Jodi Picoult!

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Definitely.

Yours,
NutFreeNerd

1 comment:

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)