Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Book Review: JUST DON'T FALL

Author: Josh Sundquist
Number of Pages: 336
Publisher: Penguin Books
Release Date: December 17, 2009

Just Don't Fall is the true story of Josh Sundquist, who at age nine was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma, a cancer strain that eventually led to the amputation of his left leg. Who would have thought that this boy from Virginia would someday grow up to be an award-winning Paralympic skier and motivational speaker? Written from his own perspective, Sundquist recounts his life in a way that will make you laugh and cry at the same time.

I have watched Josh Sundquist's videos on Youtube for quite some time now, and I have always wanted to read his book. However, it was only recently that I have finally gotten around to reading it. How I wish I had read it sooner! I have not read many autobiographies or memoirs, but after completing this book I certainly will. Josh Sundquist writes with an excellent voice. I loved the way he changed his writing style as the book progressed, because it started when he was young and ended more towards the present. His writing keeps you engaged throughout the entire story.

Usually I can handle sad books, because I know that they are fictional. However, this was a different case, because these things actually happened to someone. It was heartbreaking, to say the least. But it was also inspiring. If Josh could endure all of these awful things, especially at such a young age, and still achieve amazing things with his life then there is no reason why everyone else can't do the same thing.

Overall, I loved this book. If you have never heard of Josh Sundquist, I encourage you to look him up on Youtube and watch some of his videos. You won't be disappointed!

My Rating: :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) 5 out of 5 smileys.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Absolutely!

Yours,
NutFreeNerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to write a comment! Thanks! :0)